It’s the most wonderful time
I have a confession to make. I’m a Christmas movie junkie. Today I want to share a few of my favorites, but first I want to talk a little about my love for Christmas! I love everything about it! I love that the weather turns cooler, and I can layer my clothing, I love the beautiful scene of a fresh layer of snow. (as long as I don’t have to touch it) I love making endless amounts of hot chocolate, and cozying up to the fireplace. I love watching people carefully select gifts for loved ones. I love the excitement I feel when I think about spending several days with the people I love the most. I can’t help but spend hrs on Pinterest looking at the amazing Christmas decor ideas and I love even more seeing people I know post pictures of their homes all decked out. Christmas. Such a beautiful time of year. I wish I could decorate 100 trees and build an equal 100 gingerbread houses. People seem happier during this time of year but then again on the other hand some people seem more sad as well.
Christmas is a time to remind us of all the amazing blessings we’ve received. For me I’m thankful for the time I’m able to spend with family. However, not everyone looks forward to this joyous day. I’ve asked several people lately if they’re looking forward to Christmas this year and some of their responses take me off guard. I usually just expect people to respond with an overwhelming YES! I love Christmas. But, these folks simply say no, or not really. When investigating further some people are saddened by the holiday reminded that they are alone. Others have lost loved ones in whom they miss so dearly it pains them at the thought of any type of celebration.
It breaks my heart to think that I’ve been overlooking this my entire life up to this point, and I wish there was something I could do. I guess the biggest thing I can help with is awareness. I know Christmas isn’t everyone’s favorite but for those especially struggling to get in the holiday spirit this year to you I say I’m sorry. Hang in there. You’re not alone. I’m praying for you.
For those of you who are all things Christmas 24/7 right now I thought I’d share my top 5 holiday movie picks that are maybe a little out of the ordinary. For those of you who don’t particularly care for Christmas I still feel like these are good movies for you with a good story line. (But that’s just my opinion) I watch them year round and thought maybe I’d find some others who love some of them too. Let us begin...
1. The family stone. If you haven’t seen this WATCH IT. You will love it! It makes me laugh and cry.
2. I’ll be home for Christmas. JTT has his priorities all mixed up but is taught little by little what matters most in the spirit of Christmas.
3. I love this movie so much I genuinely watch it year round. It’s such a lovely movie that talks about love lost and love found. One of my all time favorites for sure!
4. This movie is so great! It’s corny but it’s wonderful. I love the idea of destiny and finding the one who was meant for you. Also, it’s during Christmas so obviously I’m a sucker for it!
5. Miracle on 34th street. This is seriously such a great movie! It’s a classic. You’re never too old to believe!
I’d love to hear about your favorite Christmas movies or for those of you who aren’t quite in the Christmas spirit I’d love to hear about your favorite movies in general! Comment below with a few of your picks. Thanks for reading everyone! I appreciate your love and support!
Until next time,