Today I wanted to talk a little about getting healthy. I thought I might share a workout routine and while I might still do this another time, I feel like sometimes for people (mostly for me) it’s better to start with baby steps when it comes to health. I decided one of the ways I can be healthier and take better care of my body is by properly hydrating myself. Guys... CONFESSION some days I totally suck at this, but then I remember how important it is and I feel super guilty that I’m not doing this simple thing to keep my body healthy. So I’m committing to you all to do better. I did some research, and found out some facts about water, and why it’s so important for us to properly hydrate.
1. Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it's important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
2. Water is essential for human life. ... Any deficit in normal body water – through dehydration, sickness, exercise or heat stress – can make us feel rotten.
3. Water helps to plump up your skin, so you should be able to imagine what dehydration will do! When you don't drink enough water, the collagen begins to crack and bind together, causing fine lines and wrinkles to get more noticed. We rely on water to keep our insides sufficiently hydrated, too.
4. 70% of the human brain is water.
5. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
So let’s together make a stronger effort to Hydrate our bodies because they’re the only ones we’ve got! For me I think I’m going to set a timer throughout the day as reminders to hydrate. What are some ways that help you remember to hydrate? Share with me below!
Let’s H20 🧜🏼♀️🧜🏼♂️
Thanks for reading!!
Xoxo, Stefani Nicole